E-Visa from Australia to Sri Lanka
The tourism industry of Sri Lanka is growing at a faster pace. For centuries, this country has been a popular place to attract foreign travelers. Sri Lanka offers visitors unexpected surprises and amazing, everlasting experiences. Travelers from all across the world, including Australia, visit the country every year for various reasons.
However, visiting the country is not as simple as it seems, Australia with passport need to apply for a visa before they visit the country, which again is a strenuous task, wherein you have to follow lengthy procedures, rules, queues, etc. It is with the assistance of Sri Lanka e-Visas for Australia citizens that you can simplify this process tenfold, making it quick and effortless.
But, what is an e-visa? How much do they cost? What is its process?
Well, to find the answers to all of these questions and more, we are here to help you out.
What is Sri Lanka e-Visa?
Launched in January 2012, ETA or Electronic Travel Authorization for Sri Lanka simplified the process of applying for Travel Authorization for Australian citizens, as well as various other eligible countries and nationals, like India, China, Japan, United Kingdoms, Germany, France, United States, Australia, etc.
Issued by the Department of Immigration & Emigration (DI&E) of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, the ETA allows you to stay in the country for up to 30 days, twice a year, from the date of arrival. Moreover, it is issued electronically in PDF format to your registered email, after you fill the online application form, with all the necessary information personal, travel, and passport information.
Types of Sri Lanka e-Visa:
ETA for Sri Lanka is usually offered for three types of visas:
However, the visa type that is most common among Australian citizens and is frequently requested by them is the tourist visa, which needs to be applied 5-6 days prior to your date of arrival in the country, using a secure online form.
Fee for Australia to Sri Lanka e-Visa:
By applying for Sri Lanka e-Visa for Australian citizens, you not avoid queues and lengthy procedures, but also enjoy various benefits like speed & simplicity, security, customer support, as well as get a cost-effective alternative to the normal visa processing procedure.
The fee for Australia to Sri Lanka e-Visa is $0, with an additional service charge of $18 for standard processing, which makes the total cost of the Sri Lanka e-Visa of $18. This amount can be paid online using any secure mode of payment (debit, credit, or Paypal), without visiting the Sri Lanka embassy or Consulate.
Step to Apply for Australia to Sri Lanka e-Visa:
Anyone with a 6 months valid Australian Passport can apply for Sri Lanka ETA by simply following five (5) easy and quick steps online, which requires less than 30 minutes. These steps are:
- Opt Destination & Visa Type: Once you get to the online page, select Sri Lanka from the list of destinations you want to visit as well as the visa type.
- Apply Now: After filling the destination & visa type, click “Apply Now” to further proceed with the online procedure.
- Online Form: Here, you need to completely fill the form with accurate personal and travel details.
- Confirm & Pay: Now crosscheck your details and click “confirm” and proceed to make your payment using the desired mode of payment (debit, credit, or Paypal). You will also have to provide payment details required by the website.
- Receive e-Visa: Finally, once approved by the authority you will receive the ETA on your registered e-mail in a PDF format.
Australia to Sri Lanka e-Visa Requirements:
While applying for your e-Visa, ensure that you have all the necessary documents with you, to make the process more agile. They are extremely important and play a crucial in the early approval of your e-Visa.
- Copy of your Passport’s bio page.
- Digital passport size photo (recent, with white background).
- Credit/Debit Card or Paypal account.
- A valid e-mail address, where you will receive your Australia to Sri Lanka e-Visa.
- Other necessary documents, based on the type of visa you are applying for.
Using Australia to Sri Lanka e-Visa:
Valid for 6 months, the Sri Lanka ETA grants you two entries to travel the entire country. All you have to do is carry all the necessary documents as well as an A4 size copy of the visa with you throughout the trip, to avoid delays and issues with the authority.
Things to Consider:
- It is processed in 1-2 business days, based on the visa processing type (Standard, Rush & Super Rush).
- Carry a passport, valid for not less than 6 months from the date of arrival.
- A confirmed return ticket.
- Sufficient funds to meet the expenses during the stay.
- Children over 16 years of age, with individual passport, must apply for Sri Lanka E-visa separately.
- Children under 16 years of age, included in their parent’s passport, can travel Sri Lanka without the need for an individual E-visa.
- You cannot get a new E-visa while you are in Sri Lanka, regardless of the status of your current Australia to Sri Lanka E-visa.
- Don’t engage in any form of employment, paid or unpaid trade or business other than specified in the E-visa.
List of Ports of Entry in Sri Lanka:
- Palali Airport
- Ratmalana Airport
- Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA)
- Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (MRIA)
- Galle Harbor
- Colombo Port
- Thalaimannar Pier
- Trincomalee Harbor
- Kankesanthurei Harbor
- Magam Ruhunupura Mahinda Rajapaksa Port
So, get your Australia e-Visa effortlessly, with eVisaMe.com and embark on a new journey. Experience the cultural influences of India, Portuguese, Netherlands, & and explore beautiful landscapes, scenic views, and eight (8) World Heritage sites recognized by UNESCO.