E-Visa from India to Malaysia
A Southeast Asian country, Malaysia, is a medley of cultures, history, and grandeur, which is truly blessed with serene beaches, modern cities, historic villages, and all of nature’s beauty. It is an amalgamation of Malay, Chinese, Indian, and European ethnicity and cultures, and offers its travelers, including Indians, everything they look for. From lush green rain forests to colonial architecture and buildings, busy shopping districts, beautiful temples, delicious cuisines, and more, one can find several fascinating destinations and places in this truly Asian country.
Moreover, the introduction of Malaysian e-Visa has made exploring this majestic nation comparatively easier and convenient for Indian travelers, as now they can get their travel authorization to Malaysia without even visiting the Malaysian Embassy.
But, what is Malaysian e-Visa? Is there any other alternative? Well, to get your answers to these questions and more, read on.
Introduction to the Malaysian e-Visa:
Introduced on 1st March 2017 by the Government of Malaysia, the Malaysian e-Visa is an alternative to the Visa issued at the Malaysian Embassy as well as the Visa on Arrival. Valid for 3 months, this visa is only available to nationals of India, China, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Serbia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Pakistan, and Montenegro and is approved by the Malaysian Immigration Department or Malaysian Mission Office.
Apart from the e-Visa, the country has another electronic alternative for Indian and Chinese nationals that can be used to enter and travel within Malaysia., i.e. the Electronic Travel Registration & Information or eNTRI. It is an online registration facility provided by the Government of Malaysia that allows Indians to enter into Malaysia, under the Visa Waiver Programme for a maximum of 15 days.
How to Apply for India to Malaysia e-Visa?
The best attribute about the e-Visa is that it can be applied easily from the comfort of your home without any hassle as well as without waiting in the queues at the Malaysian Embassy. All you have to do is search for a reliable online portal, like eVisaMe.com, and fill the application form in four simple steps:
- Select Destination & Visa Type.
- Fill the Application Form with accurate personal, passport, and travel details.
- Make Payment, either through your Credit/Debit card or PayPal account.
- Finally, receive your approved e-Visa on your registered email.
Prerequisites of India to Malaysia e-Visa:
Though the process of applying for the e-Visa is quick and easy, there are a few documents that you need to complete the application. These documents validate your information and help the authority in approving the e-Visa quickly.
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Recent passport size digital photograph.
- Scanned copy of the passport’s bio/main page.
- Credit/Debit card or PayPal account.
- Return flight ticket.
- Travel itinerary.
- Hotel reservations.
- If applicable: Birth certificates of minors.
- A Cover or Invitation letter, if you are staying with family or friends, with following : It should be addressed to the Immigration officer, Your Name & Passport Number, Relative/friend’s Name, Address, & Scanned ID, Dates of Travel.
Things to Consider:
Before you apply for the Malaysian e-Visa, it is crucial that you consider the following and make an informed decision.
- Validity: India to Malaysia e-Visa is valid for 90 days and allows the applicant to stay in the country for up to 28 days.
- Processing time: The e-Visa takes 5-6 days processing time, for standard processing.
Ports of Entry:
The Malaysian e-Visa for Indian citizens can only be used at the following ports and if you wish to enter the country through any other port, it is advised you apply for the normal Malaysian Visa at the Malaysian Embassy.
1. Air Ports:
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2)
- Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
- Melaka International Airport, Melaka
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Labuan International Airport, Sabah
2. Land Ports:
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
Documents Needed Upon Arrival:
Once you reach Malaysia, you will be asked to present a few documents by the Immigration officer, at the ports of entry and it is only after their approval that you will be permitted to enter the country. These are:
- A hard copy of your e-Visa, as a digital visa is not accepted.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Sufficient funds to cover expenses during your stay in the country.
- Confirmed Returned flight ticket.
So, if you are planning to explore the cultural and scenic diversity the country as well as want to witness the ‘True Asia’, get your India to Malaysia e-Visa and experience a memorable trip.