E-Visa from South Africa to Rwanda
When planning for a vacation, there are a few things that we wish to accomplish to make the entire trip worth its while. Among these, exploring a new land, full of rare and unique sights, is always the most crucial aspect. So, it is no wonder that travelers from all over the world, including South Africans, are traveling to a small, yet gorgeous land in East Africa, the Republic of Rwanda.
Predominantly known for its breathtaking scenery, green, mountainous landscapes, generosity, traumatic history, rich wildlife, and more, this African country is often referred to as the “land of thousand hills” (le plays mille collines). But, you must be wondering, why this sudden popularity? What is so attractive about the smallest country in Africa?
From vibrant restaurants and lively nightlife scene (Kigali) to deep, crystal clear lakes, (Lake Kivu), mesmerizing beach resorts, renowned Volcanoes National Park, to mountains full of gorillas and golden monkeys, among other wildlife, etc., the reasons that make Rwanda distinctive and alluring to travelers are uncountable. Moreover, the flexibility and convenience offered by the variety of Visas that the country offers, make it more attractive to travelers who wish to spend some quality time in Rwanda without worrying about the lengthy Visa processes.
So, let’s learn more about the Visas offered by the Republic of Rwanda.
Types of Rwanda Visas for South Africans:
Apart from the Visas issued at the Rwanda Embassy or Consulate, the Republic of Rwanda offers two convenient and hassle-free Visa alternatives that are easy to apply, processed quickly, as well as cheaper than the former type. These are:
- Visa on Arrival: Introduced by the Republic of Rwanda on January 1st, 2018, Rwanda Visa on Arrival is valid for either 90 days or 30 days (based on the applicant’s nationality) and is issued when you reach the country on various checkpoints.
- e-Visa: Currently, most popular among travelers, both South African and others, the Rwanda e-Visa was introduced by the country on 1st January 2018 to travel within Rwanda for a short duration of a maximum of 30 days. Valid for 30 days, Rwandan e-Visa is a single entry visa that can be applied online or at a Rwandan diplomatic mission.
How to Get South Africa to Rwanda e-Visa?
South African applicants eligible for the Rwanda e-visa can effortlessly apply it from the comfort of their home, by completing an online application form, wherein they will have to provide necessary personal, travel, and Passport details. In short, applicants just require a working network and a device to search for the form online and complete the following steps:
- Destination & Visa type: First, opt for Rwanda as your destination and select e-Visa as your Visa type. Once you complete this, confirm and move forward.
- Fill out the form: You will be taken to the online application form where you will have to provide important details like name, nationality, Passport ID, dates of journey, etc.
- Make Necessary Payment: After confirming your details and the form you will be redirected to the payment gateway. Here, you will pay the fee for the Rwandan e-visa through Debit/Credit card or PayPal account.
- Receive e-Visa: Once the payment is complete, your application will be processed and approved within 3-4 business days. Your Rwandan Electronic Travel Authorization will be sent to you in a PDF format on your registered email ID.
Requirements of Rwanda e-Visa for South African Citizens:
South African applicants wishing to apply for the Rwanda e-Visa should ensure that they meet the following requirements before they follow the above-mentioned procedure to apply for the e-Visa:
- Must have a Passport, with at least 6 months of validity and 1 blank page.
- Recent, digital passport size photograph.
- The applicant must not be in the country while applying for the e-Visa.
Things to Consider:
While applying for the Rwanda e-Visa, applicants must ensure they consider the following points to make the process smoother. Moreover, these will also ensure that they travel to/within Rwanda without any issue or hassle.
- All travel documents should be valid for at least 6 months from the day of entry.
- The e-Visa must be applied at least 3 days before your arrival in Rwanda.
- Payment for the e-Visa can only be made through Debit/Credit card or PayPal account.
- Keep a copy of your e-Visa with you throughout your stay in the country.
- e-Visa must only be used for tourism purposes.
Rwanda e-Visa can only be used at the following ports and checkpoints:
- Kigali International Airport
- Kamembe International Airport
- Poids Lourds
- Ruzizi I
- Ruzizi II
- Kanyaru Bas
- Kanyaru Haut
Get your e-Visa to Rwanda through eVisaMe.com and experience the beauty of Rwanda’s landscape, which is reminiscent of a tropical Switzerland and spread with rugged mountains that form parts of the Congo-Nile divide.