E-Visa from South Africa to Uganda
Looking for a destination for a relaxing yet enthralling getaway? Wondering where to start? We are here to help you plan your next vacation to one of the most fascinating places in the world, Uganda, the pearl of Africa. A landlocked country situated deep in the central belt of East Africa, Uganda is a delight for wanderers, as it has in store a myriad of incredible tourist destinations, activities, sights, and more, where one can relish scrumptious delicacies as well as enjoy the laid back and friendly environment.
Whether you want to experience adrenaline-pumping adventures or enjoy the warmth of its tropical climate, in Uganda there is something for everyone. Moreover, travelers here can be with nature, meet gorillas and chimpanzees, and take delight in the lush green landscapes of the country.
But to experience these wonders of Uganda, travelers need a travel authorization or Visa to enter and travel within the country without any hindrance or legal issues. The best way to get this approval is through an e-Visa, which is issued online after applicants fulfill the required criteria. Additionally, compared to its alternatives- Visa on Arrival or traditional Stamped Visas issued at the Embassy- Ugandan e-Visa offers numerous advantages to applicants such as:
- Bulk Processing
- Customer Support
- Quick Processing
- Easy Accessibility
Introducing Uganda e-Visa:
Introduced on 1st July 2016, the Ugandan e-Visa is an official document permitting entry and travel within the Republic of Uganda for a limited duration. This visa is only issued for Tourism, Business, Family Visit, Conference, East Africa Tourist, Diplomatic and official purposes, among which tourist visa is the most popular one and frequently used by South Africans to explore the beauty of Uganda. Applied online, this visa is:
- Type: A Single Entry Visa.
- Eligibility: Allows tourists to stay in the country for a maximum of 45 days.
- Validity: It is valid for 90 days after arrival.
- Processing Time: 4-5 business days.
Process of Ugandan e-Visa Application for South Africans:
One of the biggest advantages of Electronic Visas is that they have a simple and user-friendly process and applicants can complete it within minutes, without any prior appointment. Likewise, eligible South African applicants can apply for Ugandan e-Visa following a swift and comprehensible process, which involves them to fill an online application with Personal, Passport, & Travel details. After providing these details applicants will be redirected to the payment gateway, where the necessary fee has to be paid either through Debit/Credit card or PayPal account.
Once this procedure is complete, the application is forwarded to the authorities for approval, and the e-Visa is sent to the applicants on their provided email ID, in a PDF format.
But, before applying for the visa, make sure the following requirements are accomplished to ensure approval of the e-Visa:
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity.
- Copy of Passport’s Bio page.
- Recent passport size digital photograph.
- Vaccination Certificate for Yellow Fever.
- Recommendation letter from references in Uganda.
- Copy of Return Airline Ticket or Itinerary.
Things to Remember about South Africa to Uganda e-Visa:
While and after applying for the Ugandan e-Visa, it is crucial for South African citizens to keep the following points in mind, as they will ensure their convenience as well as a lawful entrance in the country. These important points are:
- Applicants must ensure they are not in Uganda while applying for the e-Visa.
- Ugandan e-Visa cannot be reissued from the country.
- Applicants must use the same passport to arrive in Uganda that they used while completing the application.
- This visa type cannot be changed to a work Visa from the Republic of Uganda.
- Travelers with a Ugandan e-Visa must travel with a printed copy of the e-Visa confirmation to avoid any issues on arrival.
With your Visa to Uganda sorted, book your tickets quickly and commence your next vacation, with great ease and enthusiasm.