How Can I Get A Visa To Brazil?
You might have heard about the adventurous things to do in Brazil. With time, the Brazil Tourism is increasing rapidly. But when it comes to visa allotment, Brazil has its own policy. You will be amazed to know that Brazil has adopted a reciprocal of Visa Policy of all countries.
So, if you want to know “how can I get a visa to Brazil”, it entirely depends on your country’s policy. As a result, the prices and restriction applied to the Brazilian resident in a specific country will be applicable to the residents of the same country while visiting Brazil.
Thankfully, getting a visa for Brazil is not hard. You can easily get an e visa to Brazil for US citizen and other ones from their official website. The website is easy to navigate and encourages the individuals to save money. Now, you don’t have to pay the agents and the visa services additional money for getting visa approval. As Brazil has opened their website, the process has become quite simple and clear.
What do you need to know before applying for an e-visa?
Before you get to the application form, you must gather up some information about the procedure. The online portal isn’t available for every country. Normally, the eligibility criteria you need to fulfill for e-visa application is given below:
- Intention of visiting Brazil as a tourist
- Stay in Brazil must not extend from 90 days limit
- Individual must hold an Australian, Japanese, Canadian, or US passport
The next step will be the Brazil Electronic Visa Application Form. You can submit the application through the VFS website. Register on the websiteand provide all the necessary information. In case of a minor, you will need additional documents too.
- Choose the country whose passport you hold. In case you have dual nationality, choose the country whose passport you intend to use.
- You only need the regular passport detail for your e visa application
- Every individual must acquire a valid visa including infants and kids.
- E-visa portal has no connection with the Embassies or Consulate General.
Once you have filled the application form, the payment will be due.
What are the Visa fees for Brazil?
The fee payment is the last step of the application process. As you’ve submitted the mandatory documents, all your details will be verified. The e-visa fees that must be paid for a visitor visa will include all charges. The Brazil tourist visa cost must be paid in US Dollars. The fee is $40 for the respective e-visa eligible countries.
- Fee must be paid using a MasterCard, Visa, or Union Pay Debit/Credit card.
- Card may or may not be on your name
- Card must have the 3D Secure PIN enabled to process the international transactions.
- In case you don’t have a USD account, an equal amount of money will be charged from your account as of respective US Dollars.
- A service fee of US 4.24 will also be charged
Which documents required
for e Visa?
To enter Brazil, all the individuals must hold few essential documents. Even the infants are required to have a passport and tourist visa. To obtain the documents, you must submit the documents as:
- Passport valid for the next 6 months
- At least 2 blank pages of the passport
- Passport size photograph
- Photocopy of the Roundtrip ticket
- Application form fields from 1 to 27 must be filled and signed
- Children under the age of 6 must be vaccinated and also hold the vaccination documents
- A teenager must have a consent letter signed by parents or legal guardian.
You must be thinking that in starting we said that getting a Brazilian visa is easy. But still, the aspirants have to go through the secured procedure. This way, the next time someone asks you how can i get a visa to Brazil, you’ll know what to say to them.
What is the processing time for a visa?
While you are waiting for the service to process the Brazil Electronic Visa Application Form,you can read other requirements, rules, and regulation specified by the Govt. Normally, the visa processing takes almost 5 working days. In any condition, if your application has exceeded the 5 business day period, then you must contact the website as soon as possible.
When the e-visa is granted, you will receive a text message and e-mail. Both will contain the copy of the visitor visa sticker, applicant’s data, QR Code, visa data, etc. This will be helpful for authentication purpose and other important notices. It is recommended that the visa holder gets a printed copy of the visa during their visit.
How long is a visa to Brazil good for?
Since the date of issue, the visa of Brazil has two types of validation. The long-duration visa is valid for up to 5 to 10 years. But the short-duration visa will be valid only for 30 to 90 days at once. And that’s how long is a visa to Brazil is good for. In addition, regardless of the nationality or visa, an individual can’t stay in Brazil for more than 90 days per year. But in special circumstances, the visa can be extended for 180 days a year.
What are the other visa types that can be issued?
In case you thought that the Brazil tourist visa cost is very high, you surely haven’t read about the other available visa policies. Visas have been classified very smartly according to the applicant’s requirements. As the nature of travel and stay differ for every foreigner, it is suggested that every individual read the terms and conditions carefully.
Other types of visa that can be issued to the applicants are:
- Diplomatic Visa
- Official Visa
- Courtesy Visa
- Temporary Visa
- Child Visa
- Marriage Visa
- Invitation Letter for Foreigners
It will be better if you gather all important aspects of the process from the Brazilian Consular Offices.